The Official Famigo User's Guide: Click here to download
Famigo can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at
888-509-5850 x701. If your questions aren't addressed here, or if you just want to give us some taco recommendations, reach out! We're listening.
- I used the default unlock pattern and I can't remember it.
- You can view the default unlock pattern here. You start drawing from the top left corner.
- I forgot my custom unlock pattern.
- If you enter an
incorrect unlock pattern three times, you'll see a button that says, "Forgot?" Clicking this button
will prompt you for your email address. Once you enter that,
you can reset your unlock pattern. Be sure to enter the email address connected to your Google Play account that you used to purchase Famigo.
- What are the 2 modes within the Famigo app?
- In Famigo, there's Play Mode and Manage Mode.
Play Mode is for kids - Play Mode contains the fun stuff! This is where you and your child can find and play all of their kid-friendly apps. Your child can also add apps to his wishlist from the scrolling bar found at the top of the screen.
Manage Mode is for parents - think of it as your command center. This is where you can add apps that you want your child to have access to, or block apps that you don't want your kids to play. You can also access the Famigo Settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner, which allows you to change your unlock pattern, set Famigo to start up on reboot, and customize other great features. Manage Mode also allows you to access your Family Dashboard (the pie chart icon), where you can see what apps your kids are playing, and for how long they played - this allows you the ability to monitor your child's app usage. In addition, you can view the apps that your child added to their Wishlist and download them for your child.
If you're ever unsure of which mode you're in, you can find out by checking the top center of the screen.
- How do I switch betwen Play and Manage Mode?
- To switch from Play Mode to Manage Mode, go to the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen. When you click on it, the Settings page will appear. Click on the large lock icon at the top of the page and you will be prompted to draw your unlock pattern. If you do so successfully, you will be automatically directed to Manage Mode.
To switch from Manage Mode to Play Mode, simply press the lock icon in the top right corner of Famigo. This will automatically take you to Play Mode and disable the back and home buttons so your child cannot escape!
- When I press the Home button it always prompts me to set the
- We recommend you set Famigo as the default action for your Home button. This is the feature that locks down the home and back buttons on your device so that your child cannot escape Famigo. The next time this prompt appears, click the 'Use as Default' or 'Always' checkbox and then select Famigo. You shouldn't be prompted for this anymore!
- My kids can exit Famigo by rebooting my device.
- Sneaky kids! To prevent this from happening, open Famigo and go to Manage Mode. Click the gear icon to open Settings and then click on the option to "Reboot into Play Mode" until the green checkmark appears. This feature will restart Famigo in Play Mode if your device ever gets rebooted while in Famigo.
- I downloaded Famigo when it was free. Do I have to pay now?
- No, early Famigo users don't have to pay. After our initial beta we began charging for the app, but we grandfathered all of our existing users so they could continue to use the app free of charge. This was our way of thanking our early users for starting with us and helping us grow. Now all you need to do is download the trial (not the paid version) and you will have access moving forward, as long as you downloaded it using the same Google account (i.e. Gmail address) before August 24, 2012.
- What if I'm having technical issues with Famigo?
- You may need to reset all of your Famigo settings and preferences. To do this, first make sure that Famigo is closed, and then follow these steps:
If this doesn't resolve your issues we recommend that you also try uninstalling and then reinstalling Famigo to see if this will help.
- Select the "Apps" icon from the homescreen (the icon with six squares in a circle in the center of the bottom or top right corner of the homepage)
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Apps"
- Select "Famigo"
- Then push the "Clear Data" "Clear Cache" and "Clear Defaults" buttons
- Exit out of settings
- Relaunch Famigo and follow the set up pages to customize your Famigo account.
- The option to select Famigo as the Launcher is not appearing for me.
- Go to Settings on your device and select "Apps"
- Scroll down to and press 'Launcher' (it might be under a slightly different name like TwLauncher on Samsung S1 or on the S3 is called "TouchWiz home" in the App manager)
- Press 'Clear defaults'
- Exit out of your device settings and relaunch Famigo
- Go through each settings page, until you reach the "Enable Famigo" page
- Click on the "Enable Famigo" button
- Press Famigo, then 'Always' or 'Default'
- The screen will close, then click Enable Famigo again. You will then be directed to the Famigo tutorial pages.
- How do I set Famigo to launch in Manage Mode upon start up?
- From Manage Mode, select the Settings gear icon in the top right corner
- Click "Select Launch Mode"
- Click "Manage (Parent)"
- Press the back button to exit out of Settings
- Press the back button again to exit out of Famigo
- Open up Famigo again, and it will open to Manage Mode. Be sure to switch into Play Mode before handing to your child.
- What is the Security Guard setting?
- For the protection of your children, we have added the Security Guard as a default setting to prevent kids from clicking outside of Famigo to any third-party websites or apps. This feature also diables third-party ads from being displayed to your child and blocks third parties from tracking your child's activities on your device. We recommend that you keep this feature enabled, but should you choose to turn off the Security Guard setting please be aware that any third-party can collect information about you and your child from your device.
- What is the Social Media Blocker setting?
- The Social Media Blocker does exactly what the name suggests! This feature blocks your child from accessing or connecting to any social media account, including Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to disable this setting, please be aware that your child may be able to access the Internet.
- How do I get to the Settings menu?
- The Settings menus are indicated by the same icon - a blue gear icon - in both Play Mode and Manage Mode. You can find the icon in the top right hand corner of your screen. In Play Mode, the Settings menu will allow you to unlock Famigo to access Manage Mode, and customize the icon size and background of Famigo. In Manage Mode, the Settings menu will allow you to to enable or disable various settings, change your unlock pattern, check for new updates, and more!
- What is the Family Dashboard?
- The Family Dashboard is where you will find statistics about your child's app usage, including what apps they've played, how long they've played each app, and how much time your child has spent playing apps over the course of the week. The Family Dashboard will also allow you to see and manage your child's Wishlist. To access your Family Dashboard, go to Manage Mode and click on the pie chart icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- How do I view my Family Dashboard online?
- To view your Family Dashboard online, go to www.famigo.com and login (by clicking the green "Log In" button in the top right corner of your screen) using the email address connected to your Android device. If you do not know your password use the Forgot Password link to reset it.
- How do I add apps to Famigo?
- To add apps that you would like your child to have access to in Famigo, go to Manage Mode and click on the plus sign icon (+) that you will find on the middle right side of your screen. This will open a list of all apps on your device; scroll down the list and check the apps that you would like to appear in Famigo. Click the back button to exit out of the list and the apps that you have permitted will immediately show up in Manage Mode and in Play Mode.
- How do I block apps from Famigo?
- To block apps that you would like to prohibit access to, go to Manage Mode and click the block icon in the middle right side of your screen (this icon will be next to the plus sign icon (+) and will look like a no smoking sign). This will open a list of all apps allowed in your Famigo app. Scroll down the list and uncheck the apps that you would like to disable access to. Click the back button to exit out of the list, and the apps that you have blocked will immediately be removed from Manage Mode and Play Mode.
- What is the list of apps at the top of the screen that is scrollable?
- This is a list of apps that we recommend that you try! These apps have already been vetted, deemed family-friendly, and are appropriate for the age group that you denoted when you first set up Famigo.
In Play Mode, your child can click on these apps and add them to their Wishlist. If you do not want these recommended apps to be displayed while in Play Mode, you can disable the scrolling list by going into Manage Mode, accessing Settings (by clicking on the blue gear icon) and clicking on the option "Allow Famigo Wishlist" until the green checkmark disappears.
In Manage Mode, you can purchase any of the recommended apps by clicking on any of the tiles in the scroll bar, and clicking "Get it now!" A pop-up will then direct you to Google Play to install the app.
- Can my child use pictures from my device as the background in Play Mode?
- Yes, absolutely! To do so, go to Manage Mode, click on the blue gear icon to access the Settings menu, and then scroll down the list until you find "Allow Picture Access." Click on this option and a green checkmark appear. Click back to exit out of the Settings menu and click the lock icon to return to Play Mode. Once in Play Mode, click on the blue gear icon again to bring up the Play Mode Settings pop up. Scroll down until you see Background Picture. Scroll past the Android icons and any local images that you have on your device will appear at the end of the list. You can choose any image for your background.
- How do I contact Famigo?
- There are several ways to contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 888-509-5850 x701
- By mail: 3925 W. Braker Lane, Third Floor, Austin, TX 78759
Have questions or comments about Famigo? Email us at email@example.com. Thanks!